Question: Why not take advantage of the fact that you have a website and start selling right now?
More than 3 billion people are now using the internet. Imagine that! That is a very large number. If you could sell an item to 1 percent of the internet users for a dollar you would have 3 million dollars! Crazy huh? This number is only going to increase with time so getting your act in gear and selling something might be worth considering. With numbers like that there is a good chance that someone is willing to pay for what you have to offer.
Selling online is good for you and your site’s SEO. Take advantage of the wonderful resource called the internet.
- The number one reason to start selling is you would be crazy not to.
- You can sell from your site without being there to work the sale.
- People will share and review your items that you sell, which is great for your SEO.
- Something that really does a great job of conveying site trust is customer feedback and word-of-mouth marketing. Think of it this way, if it’s good for the customer it’s good for your SEO.
You can start selling items online a few different ways.
- The first way would be to use an online auction, like eBay. Or a service such as Amazon.
- I know several people that have made a killing using eBay. You have to be patient and it helps to have some working capital before you set off to make your millions. One person I know would buy collector dolls and then sell them on eBay after they sold out in the stores. Some of them sold for 300 percent more than their original price.
- The next would be to place items for sale in classifieds.
- Craigslist is very useful for this style of selling online. I would consider this the low end of money making opportunities. You really shouldn’t make much selling this way.
- Next would be to set up a store on your own site and list items there.
- If you or someone you know is tech savvy enough you can set up a store on your own site for free. (Free, other than your site’s domain name and hosting that is.) You can do this by setting up WordPress site and installing a free ecommerce plugin like Woocommerce. You can sell products like ebooks, and print on demand to lower your initial cost.
- You can also submit work to places like iStockPhoto.com and Themeforest.com
- If you have a skill like painting, photography or design you can sell your masterpieces on sites like Etsy, Fineartamerica, iStockphoto and themeforest just to name a few. One of the nice things about doing it this way is that after you put in the effort to make something that other people have to have you can sit back and relax and watch the sales come in.
- For a more complete list click here.
- There are also ways to sell your services online by using sites like 99designs .
- If you don’t feel you have the products to sell, but you are good at a trade, you can sell your services. There are a ton of subcontractor sites out there where you bid on projects. You set the price and work on what you want when you want.
While We Are On The Subject....
Author: Timothy Eberly
Timothy is a web design and graphic artist that has been working in the business for over 20 years and has designed and built thousands of websites including one for a major ad firm in Spokane. In addition to graphic design and web development he also worked as a photographer on several films made in the Spokane area. You can connect with him on facebook and Google+.